How to Compete
- Know how to perform the Snatch and the Clean & Jerk?
- Already have a place to train and/or a coach?
- Want to know what it’s like to perform in an official Weightlifting competition?
- Want to have your Weightlifting achievements recognised in Official Sport Results?
You don’t have to join a Weightlifting Club or “sign up” with a Weightlifting Coach to compete in Queensland Weightlifting Association (QWA) events.
All you have to do is
join the QWA
as an individual member and you can enter as many
as you like during the term of your membership, subject to the relevant competition entry requirements of course.
As a QWA member:
- You will receive competition information and entry forms.
- You can enter any of the QWA League Rounds;
- You can enter the Queensland Masters Championships if you’re age 35 or over;
- You can enter the Queensland Senior Championships when you’ve achieved a D Grade or higher standard;
- You are covered by
Check out the membership options
And the competition opportunities available to all members